Monday, June 11, 2012

DEFINITION OF CRAZY

So, I still haven't spoken to my "boyfriend" - term used super loosely because at this point I am soooo over it all and really consider him more a stranger than anyone I ever knew.  Guess I should say he hasn't spoken to me. 

I got an email...yes, an email...from him last weekend saying he'd be in town and we'd get together on that coming Friday.  He said he didn't know what the future held for us and he didn't know where we'd meet yet but "we'd" figure it out.  Hmmm, today is Monday.  Friday was a few days ago.  Still haven't heard a word from him.  There is no "we" in any of this.  Crazy thoughtless selfish cowardly bastard.

I finally called him and left a message (he refuses to actually answer my calls) and told him to not contact me via email ever again.  They are meaningless.  Also told him that unless he could muster the courage and decency to speak with me in person to apologize/explain this fucked up nightmare he created, then to not bother ever speaking with me again.  This simply means we will never speak again. 

I only wanted closure so I could move forward.  After nearly 5 years together, that is not an unreasonable request.  I have finally realized that, while closure/resolution would be nice, it is certainly not necessary.   

I read some of the old emails I sent him a few years ago.  Same shit, different day.  Time to change it up and stop the crazy, vicious cycle.   At a great emotional cost to me, I tried to continue fighting a losing battle.  Hey, wake up!  The war is finally over!! 

What do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment