Friday, June 1, 2012

"EMBARK"ing on a New Journey

Okay, I've found the home of my dreams.  I can't actually afford to purchase it for about another 8-10 years, but that's okay.  I have the purchase of the home sort of lined up with my retirement.  I am motivated.  I will be saving like crazy now.  If at all possible, I am aiming to purchase even sooner.  But since it's in a new retirement community, I will be somewhat dependent upon the, uh, health, so to speak, of the current owner.

I LOVE the floor plan.  Love it!!!  The model is called Embark.  It's not big.  But it's big enough.  For me.  I will have a place for family and friends to come and stay a while...and feel welcome!  I will have a kitchen where I can bake all the Christmas cookies I want to, and won't be hindered by lack of counter space.  I will no longer struggle with where to hang my clothes - the walk-in closet is perfect.  I can finally get rid of the many storage tubs I have...and the ones I keep will fit easily into the garage.  I will have a manageable yard that I can turn into my very own Eden.  And maybe a place for a small dog to play.  No shared walls with noisy neighbors.  Oh, happiness.   

There probably won't be room for any man to live with me.  For now that sounds devine!  For right now, after this past relationship and its magnificent "non-ending," it really IS all about me.

Yes, it's my 10-year plan.  I know lots can happen in that time.  But it's my dream and my plan and my goal.

Now...SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment