Saturday, June 16, 2012

THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS

Now that I'm really single I'm actually starting to focus on ME.  My main goal is to shove as much money as possible into my "I'm Finally Going to Buy a House" fund.   I just went through a small spending phase, but I have my summertime wardrobe now and that should last for a few years unless I have a significant weight gain or loss.  Not too likely.  So...let the savings begin.

I know what I want and I know what I have to do to get it.  It'll take some hard work, but I've never shied away from that.  It'll take some sacrifice.  I'm familiar with that as well.

I'm excited.  If I buy a house in the community I'm thinking I want to retire in, I will no longer have to listen to the old man who lives above, with his incessant smoker's cough.  I won't have to smell my next door neighbor's boiling "Pot of Goat."  I won't have to blast my air purifier at night just to drown out the sounds of the neighbors slamming into the walls or banging their pots and pans around at 5AM every morning and 11PM every night.

Oh, how I'll miss the crowing of the retarded rooster next door.  His alarm clock is seriously fucked up.

No more shared water heater.  I risk a 3rd degree burn or possible frostbite every time I take a shower.  I jump around in there a lot due to the changes in temp - bringing a hint of realism to the phrase, "I'm just going to jump in the shower."   It's not pretty and it's not safe.

I won't have to avert my eyes from, or try to avoid completely, the tattooed speed-freaks that live across the way and always want to engage me in some sketchy, nonsensical conversation about nothing. 

I'll have my own little front entryway that I can decorate for the holidays.  Not garishly, of course.  I'll have my own backyard and patio where I can sit and relax and read with no chance of anyone bothering me.  I can invite people over when I want to, and they can stay as long or as little as we both feel is appropriate.  But they will be welcomed and comfortable and safe.   

I am excited about the possibilities my new-found freedom is bringing me.  Oh, there will be times I will still miss what's-his-name, but that too shall pass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment