Monday, May 28, 2012

ROAD TRIP TO REALITY

Just got home from a fantastic road trip!  It was sort of a detour in my life...a turning point, so to speak.  I saw some beautiful places in this great country of ours.  I traveled 1360 miles in about 10 days. 

I think this is a good time to mention that it is Memorial Day.  I would not have been able to do this if it were not for the courageous men and women who fought, many sacrificing their lives, for this country and our freedoms.  We cannot take those freedoms for granted.

I'll keep this short, but will share some photos of some of the beautiful scenery I was fortunate enough to see.

I hiked in beautiful Zion National Park (Utah) and saw the solar eclipse (photo was not so good so I'm sparing you), which won't happen again there for another 12 years...






I also hiked and experienced the amazing beauty and the unique "hoodoos" of Bryce Canyon National Park (also in Utah)...






















And to top it all off, I got to finally see the first Natural Wonder of the World...the awe-inspiring Grand Canyon (Arizona).  Photos do NOT do it justice.  It's not just a big hole in the ground...








I finished my trip with a visit to see my father.  I needed a good strong dose of Dad.  He won't let me waste time feeling sorry for myself or being pathetic, and he tells it like it is.  It was what I needed.  I spent a few days with him and his wonderful wife before heading home. 

There is a great big beautiful world out there just waiting to be seen.  I intend to see as much as I can...with or without a man by my side.   What a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment