Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Got Nothin' for Ya...Head Back to Camp

It's Wednesday.  My favorite night for TV.  I am a HUGE Survivor fan(atic).  I have been since the very first season.  In years past, I tried to become a contestant but, sadly, didn't get selected.  I've thought about reapplying but now I'd be that old lady who gets voted off first (or possibly second if some moron foolishly announces that he is the "leader" of one of the tribes - some never learn).  Nah!  As it is, I deal with enough young "adults" (term used incredibly loosely) at Melrose Place that annoy the sh*t out of me.  I don't need to fly off to some 'deserted' island for the purpose of being stranded in less than ideal conditions with a bunch of lazy a**ed know-it-all kids who are half my age talking AT me (or ignoring me) while fighting over (or for) rice, water, fire, and/or shelter.  Not to mention that I have no desire to risk shattering one (or both) of my brittle, yet very necessary, hips.  I could conceivably live another 20-30 years.  I'd like to do it with as many original parts as possible.  But I digress.  I get great pleasure out of shutting off the computer, turning down the lights, ignoring the phone, getting a big bowl of ice cream (Dreyer's Nestle Drumstick), and curling up on the couch in my jammies, all in preparation for just under an hour's worth of cheering, jeering, and nail-biting drama.  Well, that might be a slight exaggeration - but it is one of my few unadulterated pleasures. 

I would give almost anything to have Jeff Probst's job. He gets to visit some of the most beautiful places on earth while hosting one of the best shows on television (hey, my opinion matters to me), no doubt doing it in luxury and style while getting paid handsomely.  What other job offers all of that?  I'll go tally the votes...




No comments:

Post a Comment